The Repair Process
We’ll arrange a tow and a replacement car so you can get back on the road.
Here’s what you can expect when you contact us about Direct Repair:
- We’ll ask you for your Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) Claim Number and your vehicle’s license plate number.
- We’ll ask how much damage there is to your vehicle so we know how much time to schedule for an estimate.
- We’ll schedule an appointment for your estimate. A Direct Repair estimate means you don’t have to go to an MPI claim centre first. CARSTAR Collision & Glass service centres are MPI-accredited collision repair shops.
- We’ll ask you if you need a tow—and/or a replacement car—and we’ll make the necessary arrangements.
- At the appointment, we’ll pull up your Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) Claim Number with all the information already there, and we’ll inspect your vehicle.
- We’ll write up an estimated cost of repairs and review it with you.
- Next, we’ll submit the estimate to Manitoba Public Insurance for approval.
- Once approved, we’ll review the final estimate and any changes with you.
- Finally, we’ll schedule the repair work and notify you once your vehicle is ready.
Commonly Asked Questions
Do I have to report my accident to the police?
There’s no need to report an ordinary fender bender to the police. Report an accident to the police, within seven days, only if:
- There was a fatality
- There was a hospitalization because of injury
- Your vehicle was vandalized
- An unlicensed driver was involved.
- An unregistered vehicle was involved
- It was a hit-and-run incident
- You didn’t get the other driver’s particulars
- You think the other driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
How long will repairs take?
That depends on how much damage there is to your vehicle and the availability of replacement parts that might be needed. We’ll give you a more accurate estimate once we’ve completed your assessment.
I had a child’s seat in my car. Can I still use it?
If your car was in a collision that resulted in moderate to severe damage, you may need to replace your child car seat or booster seat. When you call Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) to report your accident, their Contact Centre Representative can give you more information.
Is your collision eligible for Direct Repair? Contact Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI).
In Winnipeg: 204.985.7000 Outside Winnipeg/MB: 1.800.665.2410
Questions about Direct Repair? Contact CARSTAR Collision & Glass.